|Photo by Bakerella|
- Get longer sticks - it is nearly impossible to operate a ball of cake on a short stick
- Use compound chocolate, not normal chocolate - I know, I know, I already knew this but when it was purchased in error, I thought I would try to make the best of it - not happening.
- Don't try to do this on a hot day - it is summer here and it was a super muggy, hot night when I made them. Cake ball sliding down a stick anyone?
- Don't try to freeze the balls before adding the chocolate because it is a hot night and the are sliding down the stick... - if you add hot chocolate to frozen cake balls the chocolate cracks! Who knew? I have since been told it would have been better to refrigerate them only.
- Don't leave it too late in the day for your first attempt -This took a LOT longer than I expected and it ended up being late at night when I was finished.
- Take better photos - ok, so these ones may not be worth too much effort with photography, but if you are going to put so much time and effort into something, make sure you have a decent photo for evidence.
- Make them smaller - I think they were too big? A bit more than a couple of bites is too much.